Sunday, June 26, 2005

I LOVE Camp

It's true, I LOVE CAMP. I just got back from a week at Lutheran Camp Chrysalis where I took 17 of my middle school youth. I grew up going to camp there and then I worked there in college for a couple years, so I just love coming back to it. Plus...I don't really have to work while I'm there, I just get to play with my kiddo's. Good times.

I am pretty close with the executive Director of the camp because he was my boss when I worked there and now we're colleagues which is great. It's one of those friendships where we don't get to see each other for a few months, but we just pick up where we left off and it's normal. I have the same relationship with the Program Director, she's great. She's only been at the camp for three years and we act like we've been friends for longer than that. Plus, she takes me out on her night off. I've been such a loser about going out recently, but I don't think I went to sleep before 1:30 the whole time I was there. Not to say that's crazy and wild, but it was fun to stay up and hang out with people. You would not believe how crazy some of those pastor's are. It was awesome.

I also got to be part of Poker night...I'm still learning how to play Texas Hold 'Em. The first time I played I had awesome beginners luck and won the whole pot. This past week when I played, I couldn't even win one hand. So, I lost some money but I survived. It was fun.

Got to watch the last three games of the NBA play-off's while I was at camp. They were all great, except game 6. Spurs were just really bad that night. Now I just want to call Matt and be like...Spurs Rule, Piston's Drule. But I won't. That's mean.

I still do think about Matt a lot, but Richard, I really liked your comment you posted about how any relationship can work, and that it was a BS excuse about being different...it's not like I changed while we were talking. That was a very wise comment. Thank you for that. It was really bothering me about how when he was down here he kept telling me that he "wasn't faking" his feelings and that he couldn't just pretend to like while he was down...and then he goes back to Detroit and tells me that he probably wouldn't date me even if I was closer. You're right...he had to have been planning this for a while, and just now got the nerve to say something.

There was a wedding shower in San Antonio last night for my friend Melissa who is getting married in Key West this summer. I hadn't seen her since last July, so it was so great to see her and actually meet her fiance. It's nice to catch up with old friends.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Camp sounds great. It is good to be able to go somewhere and hang out with a large group of Christians. It helps knowing that as you have fun, you can also build each other up. As I was reading your blog, I was surprised to see your reply to me specifically. I appreciate that. I looked in my blog first and couldn't find a reply, so I started thinking you weren't going to. I left a comment on someone elses blog, and the next time I looked, they had turned their comments off. I guess my comments were not wanted...Oops. Thanx for not doing the same. I hope to hear from you soon. Take Care. Just remember...Matt Who?