Thursday, June 16, 2005

Hangin' with my Homies

So I'm hanging out with Brittany, Maegan, and Ryan...some of my High School dawgs. We just finished moving stuff around in the attic of the church. It was hot and dusty and gross up there. We were awesome and it only took us like 30 minutes.

AND THEN.....just when everything was going as planned the cops showed up and asked for our immediate attention. We had to be lined up single file in a field to do a search for a weapon that was used on a victim. Basically some kid stabbed some guy and then threw the knife in the field in front if the church. It was a pretty neat experience to be able to help out with the cops during the search. I also got them to set up a time to come to church to show the police car to my youth during day camp, so I got some work out of it as well. I gave them my contact info so they can call me to set up a time...awesome.

Now I'm just chillin' with these awesome Juniors. Good people.
They can pick out movies like no other. These three cats rented us "Without a Paddle", but we never got to watch it because we couldn't figure out how to work the DVD. Anyways...they wanted me to write about them...so I did.
Please don't think I'm pathetic for writitng three post's today...but these kiddos wanted me to talk about how awesome they are.

"Give me your number, and I'll call."

1 comment:

Richard said...

That's cool, but I think I would have freaked out, when the cops pulled up. Did you ever find the knife? Good job on talking them into showing the car.
Good movie selection. I hate that you didn't get to see it, but Without A Paddle is pretty good. Tell the "kiddos" I said Hello.