Thursday, June 16, 2005

Cause all that's left has gone away

Well I hate to steal a topic from Lauren, but I am. I too HATE making phone calls. Seriously, I feel like I'm going to have a panic attack each time I have to dial a number. When I got into work this morning there was a note to call to ladies from my church. I know both of them and talk to them regularly, but it is just SO HARD for me to dial the numbers. I have to pick up the receiver and concentrate and focus on what I have to do. It's ridiculous. I don't understand why it's so hard. I don't really like getting phone calls either...I get super nervous. I'm not like that with my friends and family though...I like talking to them. Oh well...just one more thing I need to work on.

I talked to my Mom the other day, we had lots to catch up on. My rat is living with them for the summer and she is just having a great time (my rat and my mom). My mom was telling me that Peanut was just crawling all over her and then running around. She gets free range of their house while she's there, as long as the dogs are outside. Hopefully she won't get stepped on because she's pretty small. I didn't realize how much I would miss her...Now I really go home to an empty apartment.

I also got to have coffee with Lauren last night. I hadn't seen her in about 3 weeks. That's along time to not see her. But we had an awesome time. We just sat outside and talked about life, the future, our problems, our excitement. It's just nice to have someone to do that with every now and then.

I still haven't heard from Matt. I understand that he's super busy, but I totally miss his voice. Summer I know is going to be hard because I leave on Sunday again for a week of summer camp with some Middle School kids and he's out of the office again for a while. But I would just settle for a two minute phone call if it meant I got to hear him. But really, I'm not as stressed about it. It's a busy time for both of us and I just need to realize that catching each other is going to be more of a hassle. But that's how life works. Right? Right!

"Take my photo off the wall
If it just won't sing for you
'Cause all that's left has gone away
And there's nothing there for you to prove
Oh, look what you've done
You've made a fool of everyone
Oh well, it seems like such fun
Until you lose what you had won
Give me back my point of view
'Cause I just can't think for you
I can hardly hear you say
What should I do, well you choose"
-Jet

No comments: