Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Home on the Range

One of my favorite things to do is just sit outside on the porch. I don't get to do that much anymore because my apartment doesn't really have one. But luckily there are people in the congregation that open their house up to me. Last night I went out to the Davenports for an early dinner. I love going out there. They have this huge wooden deck and there is ALWAYS a breeze no matter how hot or cold it is outside. It was just nice to be outside in the fresh air. Plus the food was awesome. We had chips and guacamole...(YUM!), shishkabobs, beer, brownies and ice-cream. It was nice, like sitting with my family.

I'm such a family girl. That's all we basically did when I went home this past weekend. Just sat on the backporch on the swing. My family is pretty good about that. I have one brother that just doesn't do that as much...but we had 5 out of the 6 of us outside so that's a good percentage.


So I just saw that the Piston's won last night which means they'll be playing San Antonio for the title. I'm Nervous. I'm going to be hearing it from Matt if we lose...but you know what...I'm not worried. I'm sure San Antonio will be able to hold their own. Hopefully.

"Our love is like water
Pinned down and abused
For being strange

Our love is no other
Than me alone
For me all day
Our love is like water
Pinned down and abused
All over you, all over me

The sun, the fields, the sky
I’ve often tried to hold the sea
The sun, the fields, the tide
Pay me now, lay me down"
-Live

No comments: