Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I Got What I Need

I always complain that I never have enough money. But of course it's my own fault. I like to buy stuff...stuff that I don't need. On Fridays while everyone else is working, I get bored, so I got shopping. Not necessarily for anything, but so that I can get out of my apartment. I just seem to always find something that I want or sometimes something that I need, and I buy it. There's always money in my account, so I don't usually think twice.

I also have an easier time buying for other people. If it's a gift, or if I just feel like buying someone something, it's just easier to spend on other people than it is for myself. Not that I don't buy myself stuff...but you know what I mean.

Then I complain to my mom that my rent is high and that my phone bill is ridiculous and that I should be putting more money towards my student loans and give more to the church. But I always seem to have enough money. I have absolutely nothing to compain about.

I caught the end of Oprah on Friday and it was about a couple that was going to see what it was like to live off of minimum wage for 30 days. Apparently it's very difficult. They barely have enough money for food and rent, and heaven forbid they have to take a trip to the doctor. That alone put them in debt for another three months. I need to be happy that I don't have to worry about where my next paycheck will come from or if it's going to be enough to cover all my bills. I know my paycheck will cover my bills and that I'll still have enough left over to "entertain" myself. And I am happy with my life and how everything is going...sometimes I just get that little selfish bug in me that wants to be spoiled. I just like knowing that everything is and will be taken care of for me...

No comments: