Friday, April 22, 2005

Brave Little Toaster

Well, I did it.
I called the guy in Detroit. I was so brave, I couldn't believe it, I just picked up my phone and called. It was so easy. (Not really, I was so nervous). He didn't answer, but he called back about 15 minutes later. We ended up talking for about two hours. It was amazing.
Turns out he has this amazing job with General Motors. He travels alot and one of the things he has to do is drive celebrities around in their vehicles so that these famous people are seen in GMC vehicles. He get's to drive Hummers and Yukons and Envoys. Here's a few of the people he's gotten to drive around: Paris Hilton, Nicole Ricci, Taryn Manning, Shannon Elizabeth, Erika Christenson, Paul Walker...and there's plenty more. How awesome is that job. I think that would be so neat to just drive around all these awesome people. Most of them even tip pretty awesome.

I was so intrigued the whole time. I wish he didn't live 1500 miles away. That is Very Very Very far. But he said he plans to come to the Austin area sometime soon to visit some friends (and of course me) and he also offered to buy me a plane ticket to Detroit to come see him...but only after he's come down here first. Which is good, I don't think I would want to be the first to fly anywhere. I'm still just so excited about this whole experience. He tells his friends about me! That's nice. But I'll just play it out and see how things go.

Well I'm off to go home and take a nap...I have an ALL night lock-in with some Middle schoolers tonight.
Peace

No comments: