Thursday, April 21, 2005

Daydreaming...

Just got back from a Youth Director's meeting in San Marcos. We discussed our part in College Ministry and how we should developing our youth in our church to better prepare them for going to college and continuing their faith. College seems to be a time where we turn away from our Faith and focus more on school/boys/girls/grades/parties...etc. But in all seriousness, that is the time when we need God in our lives the most. Sad to say that we don't realize that until after the fact. I was one of those people...I never really turned from my faith, but I definitely made my friends and activities my priorities instead of helping out more in the ministry. But it takes some of us longer to mature and realize how we need to rearrange our lives. I didn't want to be labeled a "Jesus Freak" in college so I strayed away from it so that I could go out with my friends and have a good time on any day of the week. But I think we need to make our own mistakes in our lives so that we can learn from them and mature.
I hate that now as an adult I can see how right my parents were and still are. We hate listening to them...but they really do know what they're talking about. Aaaaaaugh. I find myself relating more and more with my parents and being able to actually talk to them about stresses that I have about life and my decisions. It's an awesome feeling.

On another note...I got an email from tht guy in Detroit...he wrote me and told me that he was at a game last night and caugh himself smiling a few times because he was thinking of me. Isn't that sweet? I don't get many compliments like that...at least not anytime recent that I can think of. What a great feeling. I even catch myself waking up in the middle of the night because I'm so excited that I'm going to get to talk to him when I get to work. I sure hope I'm not setting myself up for disaster...but I'm so giddy right now. I'll just have to keep a positive, yet cautious, attitude about it.

Tomorrow is my Junior High Lock-in and I am so excited yet so worried. I haven't stayed up late in a while...much less all night. I sure hope I can make it. I'll just have to drink a lot of soda and eat a lot of sweets. Awesome...it'll be great. No Worries. (right)

"We sit around the house
Waiting for the phone to ring
And I know she alone holds the key
To everything I want to be

Aw yeah, alright, truth hurts inside
Aw yeah, that's right, you go around once in life

Everybody wants to be your friend
When you've got something you can give them
All I've seen, bad and good, she's not crazy
Just a little misunderstood."
-Better Than Ezra

No comments: