Wednesday, April 06, 2005

It's a Beautiful Morning

The last five days have just melted together it seems. I have not been this busy in such a long time. But they were all super fantastic.
I saw some college friends of mine on Saturday at my old roommates wedding shower. It was just awesome to see those girls again...half of them I had lived with at some point in time and just haven't seen them since I moved up here. We just sat around and drank plenty of momosa's.

This Sunday was also the day I had been waiting for..."the guy" came down to do a concert for some of the Austin area High School Youth. He was amazing. I knew he would be great, but he was wonderful. I actually got to talk with him a bit, but his mother came and she's great, but that made it a little more difficult to talk to him. I ended up going to the movies with him and his mother afterwards. I sat in between them and had both of them leaning over me to talk to each other....nice. Oh well, I think that was a big step for me just to do something with him outside of work and church, even if his mother was there. I'm sure she was enjoying it more than I was because she desperately wants me to marry him. Anyways...I call him last night! I wanted to thank him again for coming down and doing the concert for me and to thank him for letting me tag along with him and his mother to the movies. Well, we ended up talking for almost an hour. I was thinking I would say my 30 seconds worth of "thank you's" and that would be it, but he just kept talking about all kinds of stuff. It was nice....I don't think I had ever talked to him that much before in my life. But I was definitely proud of myself for making that phone call.

I also got to go to Texas Lutheran University...my old Alma Mater for a convocation. It was nice, I didn't recognize many of the people. But I got to see some staff that I used to drink with and some more old friends. I just love running into people that I hadn't seen in a while.

"What a beautiful morning in my life, The best in life is free, I give it all away, And I wonder what more is to come; And this beautiful morning changed my mind, Believe me when I say, the shadows fading out....
As the day grows bright, we are turning pages, and we write new chapters of our lives, Some are strong and long, Others weak with sorrow Keep the focus on the rising sun (what a golden day)" -Ace of Base

2 comments:

Lauren said...

you talked for almost an HOUR?!?! I'm so proud of you for doing that, girl!!! Awesome. Oh, and we need to schedule another drink soon. ;)

Becky said...

Absolutely...Drinks are good. Are we still on for next week on the 14th?