Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Song in my Head

I always seem to wake up with a song in my head. I don't know why but as soon as my alarm goes off, there is a song that I'm singing in my head. What's weird is that it's usually not a song that I've recently heard. This morning's song was "The Humpty Dance" by Digital Underground. Now that is a song that I have not heard in a very long time. But there I was...singing it. I even remembered some of the verses. Odd.
"All right! Stop whatcha doin' 'cause I'm about to ruin the image and the style that ya used to. I look funny but yo I'm makin' money, see so yo world I hope you're ready for me. Now gather round I'm the new fool in town and my sound's laid down by the Underground.... The Humpty Dance is your chance to do the hump. Do the Humpty Hump, come on and do the Humpty Hump Do the Humpty Hump, just watch me do the Humpty Hump Do ya know what I'm doin', doin' the Humpty Hump Do the Humpty Hump, do the Humpty Hump"
I don't know where that came from, but as soon as I woke up...there it was.

If you haven't noticed. I've been pretty busy. I feel that I haven't been in the office in a week. And that's almost true. I've been to seminars, I've ben on trains, I've been hiking, it's just been non-stop for me. Which is nice, I guess. At least I'm not sitting around the office waiting for something to happen. I have a couple of lock-in's at the end of the month that I am beginning to prepare for. That should be good times. I just got a phone call from my Junior High Sponsor. He's getting married (after being divorced for a few years) and wants to step down from doing all these events with the youth. I think it's good for him, he's been doing this for years. I'm a little worried because I never had to worry about my Junior High kids because he ALWAYS took care of them. It's going to be crazy, but hey....Bring it on.

Also, if anyone is curious...I still haven't heard back from "the guy". Maybe that long phone call is the only thing we'll ever have. (Yes, I tried to make that sound corny.) Whatever, we're still good friends. That'll just have to do....for now.

No comments: