Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I want to scream but not make a sound

It's amazing all of the different reactions I get from people when I tell them about this guy from Detroit. People my age are a lot more understanding and excited, but whenever someone older hears about it it's always..."he's too much to handle", "that's dangerous", or "I think it's stupid to have someone so far away, what's really going to happen."
I think I'll just go with the flow and do things my way.

I had dinner with Lauren last night. Awesome time. I forgot how great it was to have a discussion with someone close to my age. I consider myself real close with my old roommates from college and all, but with Lauren, I can actually TALK to her and not feel judged and she actually gives fantastic advice and a good ear. I never really got that out of my old friends. They were too involved with themselves that it didn't really matter what was going on in my life. Anyways...it's just so nice to have someone like that close by.

Things are getting heated up here at work too...we had some distruction take place this weekend and so I actually left the office for a couple of hours just because I was so scared that someone was going to yell at me and that I would cry. So I got out of there as quick as I could. It was a nice little break. I think I should start doing that anyways...just leave and relax and come back and work. Maybe that's something I need to look into.

"Cause when I'm in over my head I hear the words you said
That someone out there's listening to the same song
Feeling the same way that I do.
Make me a believer pick up the receiver
And tell me you feel just like I do."
-Better Than Ezra

1 comment:

Lauren said...

You are awesome! I love you lots.