Thursday, April 14, 2005

Sunny Side

I got a phone call from my high school youth sponsor yesterday, she owns a mail shop and so she meets new people everyday. Well she calls to tell me that she found me a new friend. (yea, for me) Well she said this guy walks into her store and she starts to "chit-chat" with him because she said he was cute. Well turns out that he is also a youth minister...lives in Georgetown, but works in Temple. Well she goes off on the fact that the youth minister at her church is new and young and doesn't have many friends and that he should be my friend. (like that's not embarassing for me). He was like...oh, that's nice. Well he comes back to her store later on to leave his name and number for me to call him. WHAT? So she asked me to call him so that I could have someone to hang out with. Who does that? Well....I told her I would call him. And I did. But he didn't answer, I just left him a message saying that I'm the girl the crazy lady in the mail store was talking about....he has yet to call back. But I'm interested to see if he does.

On another note, I was recently introduced to this website where put your profile on it and it's supposed to help you "make new friends and stay in touch with old ones." Anyways...I've been getting emails from all these random guys. Well...One of these guys is from Detroit Michigan and we ended up talking on the IM for like three hours yesterday. It was pretty neat. I always thought it was weird to meet people on the internet, but now that I've actually done it, I'm a little excited about it. I couldn't sleep last night because I was excited to see if I would get to talk to him today. I'm such a corny little girl.

Hopefully I get some work done today. It's been ridiculously busy here this month and it's only going to get worse.

"Grab your coat and get your hat. Leave your worries on the doorstep. Life can be so sweet. On the sunny side of the street. Can’t you hear the pitter-pat. And that happy tune is your step. Life can be complete. On the sunny side of the street" -Louis Armstrong

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Dang girl, you're definitely Miss Popular this month. I must say, I'm a bit jealous. ;) I'm SO looking forward to tonight!! I need it after this week!!!!!