Monday, September 12, 2005

Back to Texas

Well...I'm back from my journey to the North. I had an awesome time. Wisconsin is just a very beautiful state...at least the parts that I went to. Lots of farms and silo's and cows. A little chilly for the beginning of September, but it was really nice.

I saw a lot of the neat sites around Lake Michigan. That is so beautiful. I didn't realize how large that lake really is. It looks like the ocean. You can stand and look at it, and not see land in front of you. I'm not used to Lakes being that large. And the water was clear, you could see down to the bottom...I guess Texas just isn't that clean. Then we just checked out all the small touristy towns up there, saw goats on a rooftop at one of the restaurants, played some mini-golf...Yes, I won. Then we had dinner at his parents house. Apparently they had just been dying to meet me. They were a really sweet family.

Chris was awesome too. We had a great time hanging out, we got along really nicely. He owns a Harley Davidson, so Friday we spent all day riding that. We drove it into Green Bay, which is about an hour away. We checked out the Green Bay Packers Stadium. There was a caged Grizzly Bear there...that was unexpected. Pretty neat. The rest of the time, when we weren't site-seeing, we were just hanging out watching movies or tv. Not real exciting...but just hanging out time.

It was sort of hard to leave on Saturday morning. But I was strong. I really didn't want to put myself through another "Matt" situation. Because that seriously killed. I do like Chris and we get along great, but I just can't make myself "fall" for someone again that is so far away. Knowing something could never come of it, is just pointless to try, right? I don't think I could ever leave Texas...and I know for a fact he could never leave Wisconsin.

But it's nice to have that friendship with someone far away. He'll most likely come to Texas sometime and we'll hang out, and maybe I'll go back to Wisconsin. I don't know what the future holds. At least he still calls me once I left. Not like some other out-of-state person I know. Anyways...it was a great trip.
But when it comes to relationships...I think I'm going to need to start looking a little closer to my area. At least try and stay in Texas :)

check out the rest of my pictures: http://beckyalynpics.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Wow, fun stuff. I thought he looked kinda old, but then I saw the other pic of you and him and I changed my mind. ha ha I bet he fell for you pretty hard, girl. I can just tell. I mean, who wouldn't??

Becky said...

Well, he is 28...that's a little older than the both of us.

Becky said...

Dustin, I'm still waiting to hear what you're up to...

Lauren said...

well i know he's 28, but i seriously thought he looked like mid-30s in that pic. ha ha