Thursday, September 22, 2005

How much is Too much?

I totally got 10 hours of sleep last night. It was awesome. I don't know if I was just that tired and worn out, or if there's something wrong with me. I've been under so much stress lately. I'm like my Dad, we just stress over every little thing instead of just letting it all go.

Well I ended up having a long conversation with my Dad last night and then he handed the phone off to Mom so that I could have a long conversation with her. I'm struggling with having to help out my cousin. I don't know the situation, but my Aunt called me about a week ago and asked if I would invite my cousin to stay with my for a weekend just so that she can be around Christians and see what the real world is really like. That's a lot of pressure. What makes me this person that can just fix everything? Apparently my cousin is just having a hard time with life and my Aunt things that spending time with me would plant some kind of seed. I don't live a perfect life, I don't always do what I should do, I'm "sad" a lot of the time. I just don't see what it is about me that my family thinks I can handle something like this. Anyways...that worries me.

Work is also taking a toll on me. I have parents coming up to me with certain matters, I feel I'm focusing more attention to certain youth that others, my confirmation curriculum is just a whole other story, I have to do the service this Sunday, which should be too bad, just another thing to think about. I'm so worried about this National Gathering that the Lutheran Church does every three years. There's one next summer and it's in San Antonio and I'm having a hard time getting people to sign up this early in advanced. I just need a day to myself to just NOT think about anything work related.

Plus, I was unloading my dishwasher this morning and stuck my thumb on a knife and cut myself pretty good. It's just been one of those weeks.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Sleep is good. I could probably sleep all day. The only problem is I usually feel terrible when I wake up. I already have to be at work at 6:30 in the morning, but noticed that if I get up really early (which doesn't happen often)and get to work around 5:00am, I feel great. I think my main problem is that I don't get to bed on time. All the good re-runs come on at night. I just can't seem to pull away, once I get started.

I enjoy talking to my parents, my dad more than mom. However, I'm not much of a phone person anymore. I get distracted too easily. I end up not really paying much attention, and I hate to do that. I think it is great that you are looked to to help family out. However, I think you may be looking at it from the wrong aspect. You really shouldn't see it as pressure. You should see it as an opportunity to make a closer friend. They want her to be around Christians, and see what the real world is like. I don't think they are looking to you as a problem solver, but just an encouragement. Your Aunt is right. You can be a great influence. But so can anyone else. It just depends on what kind of influence she needs. Take a look at 1 Corinthians 3:6. This passage tells us that we are not the ones that will solve the problems, but all we can do is, like you said, plant the seed.

You mentioned being sad a lot. Maybe being around her will help you out as well. Don't worry. You'll be fine.

I can totally relate to the work stress. Well, maybe not the stress, but the extra workload has been my problem. I hope things ease up for you soon. Just try to relax (don't you hate when people tell you that?). Let us know, if we can help you in any way. Talk to you soon, (I hope).

Oh by the way - I hope your thimb gets better. I hate when that happens.

Richard said...

OOOOPPPPS!!! I meant to say Thumb, not Thimb. I guess it is safe to say that I didn't use spell check on this. I don't know how to spell check comments. Sorry.