Thursday, September 15, 2005

I don't mean to Brag

While I was having dinner with Julie and her family the other night (she's my Bible Study leader) she asked me if I work out. Now, this is not the first time I have been asked this question. I looked at her with one of my usually "funny" expressions, and said 'Of course I don't work out'. She was amazed. Her reply was "your arms are just that well defined". Being unaware of the circumstances, I just said I guess.
I have never noticed if my arm are toned or if my stomach is flat...that's just how my body is. I've heard it before from others, but I always just brush it off. But now I'm a little excited that people notice...is that weird? I guess that gives people more reason to be pissed to because I don't have to work at my appearances...well, maybe I work on my hair and my face but not the hard stuff. Now, I'm not trying to sound cocky by any means...it's just nice to be complimented.

I talked with Chris last night as well. We always end up talking way too late and then I'm always tired the next day. Funny thing I noticed last night: I lay in my bed as I talk on the phone with him, and it's usually late, so all the lights are off that way all I have to do is hang up the phone and go to sleep. OK, so you know how if you see a bright like and you close your eyes, there's that image of something on the back of your eyelids...well last night, as I was hanging up the phone and checking the time, the back light seemed extra bright. So I put the phone away and shut my eyes...you know what the image was in my eyes....a heart. It was so weird. Kind of sweet.

Well, this is going to be a busy weekend. Going home for a wedding shower for an old family friend and then Sunday I'm going to Lutherstock. It's a couple of Christian bands that get together for a show out at the summer camp that we go to every year. It's for my high school kids. I'm excited...Ryan is going to be playing solo as one of the acts. Yea...I always like listening to him sing.

No comments: