Wednesday, September 14, 2005

How are you?

I just finished having snacks with the quilting ladies. Every Wednesday at 10:00, there are some kind of goodies being served. Yum!

I noticed that whenever someone asks me "How are you?". I ALWAYS smile and say "I'm good" "Things are wonderful" "Fantastic" and so on.

Why is that? Is it just an instinct? Because then I feel bad because it's usually a type of lie. I'm not always good, I just don't want people to know that I'm not doing as good as I should be...

1 comment:

Richard said...

There are many times when people ask this, that they don't even wait for a reply. I usually say I am doing well or good or wonderful or something to that effect. I could be having a pretty bad day. I think I just think to myself about how much worse I Could be. That tends to make me realize that no matter what I've been going through, so far, I've really been okay. I've had some pretty rotten things happen, but looking back, I was okay. Some people give the reply, "I've been better." I usually ask them if they have been worse. If they a nswer "No". I just tell them they could be. They usually agree. The ones that may not agree, don't generally reply again. Keep your head up. Talk to you later.