Thursday, November 10, 2005

All Downhill from here...

You would think I was an 80 year old arthritic woman if you saw me right now.
I've always had back pains, ever since I was in high school I think it's just with my small frame and the way I sleep, it just aches a lot. And then I inhereted stress from my Dad, so it hurts whenever I worry too. Well, it got really bad my freshman year of college to where my mom took me to get an MRI to make sure everything was OK. Well it was...I just have a bad back.

Well, this weekend when I was sitting with my kids, I had the darndest time standing up. You would have thought I was pregnant the way I was grabbing my back everytime I stood up. And last night as I was brushing my teeth and washing my face, I just wanted to cry when I bent over the sink. Something is wrong. I don't know if I pinched something or what. It's usually just my muscles that hurt (I've been told I'm really 'tense' by a few people), but this pain is in my lower back and it hurts to to bend or sit or stand up. Weird huh. But I am stubborn so I'm just going to wait for the pain to go away. If I twist my body in just the right way I can get comfortable when I sleep. Although last night I had pillows stuffed everywhere trying to make it not hurt...but oh my gosh. I like to think I have a high tolerance for pain...tattoos where nothing, brother's punches are nothing, but this. Oh my gosh...I had tears in my eyes as I was trying to lay down. How ridiculous is that. It's not like I do ANYTHING strenuous to make it hurt.

Maybe I'm getting osteoporosis because I NEVER drink milk. Oh well...

"Catalyst, you insist to pull me down
You contradict the fact that you still want me around
And it’s all downhill from here
And it’s all downhill from here"
-New Found Glory

2 comments:

Rob West said...

Have you been to a doctor?
My mom was having problems like that and found that she had a ruptured disc in her spine. IF it's something like that, you'll want to catch it now before it gets worse.

If it's just muscle pain, a massage would probably help you a lot. If that sounds shady, first of all, relax, I'm NOT going to make any reference to myself as Rob "Magic Hands" West (yet), and second, a lot of physical therapy places have massage therapists who work for that specific purpose.

Or you could go to one of those spas where you sit in peat moss for God knows why and have them rub pumice on your feet and get a massage while wearing one of those face masks made of sheep's bladders and cucumbers over your eyes.

Man, girls are weird.

Becky said...

Hmmm....I'll take all that into consideration. Thanks.