Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stop It, Becky

I am pretty good at finding something to complain about. People know that I'm a complainer, I don't do it to be rude, I just for some reason find it easier to find things that need improvement. Whatever. Back to my complaints. I gripe a lot about not having money. I mean, I have money, but I don't really splurge a lot, I mostly just get the necessities. (Yea, right, I buy all kinds of stuff that I don't need)

Well I had the day off yesterday, and what did I do...I shopped. I also shopped on Friday before I left for this weekend retreat. We have this new shopping center that opened up in Georgetown and so when I get bored, I go there and look around. Best Buy just opened up this weekend. I thought having a Target close by was bad news...Best Buy is going to put a damper on my pay check. And, it did.

I bought 5 CD this weekend. At different times, but I got all of them. And I still have a list of ones that I want. They're all definitely worth the purchase, but again...I didn't really need them, yet I spent the money on them. Oh well. Here are my Great new purchases:

Midtown: Forget What You Know
Sheryl Crow: Wildflower
The Early November: For All of This
Aqualung: Strange and Beautiful
Mest: Photograph

Now that is a wide variety of music selections. But now I have something to listen to for almost all my moods. A couple of them like, Mest and Midtown, I had some of their other CD's and so I wanted to get the newer one's.
I already have a growing list of other CD's that I NEED to get. They're good, but I'm gonna have to wait until my next paycheck. I don't want to get too crazy with my spending. But now I have new stuff to listen to while I sit at my desk. Yea!!

"Sometimes, the last thing you want comes in first,
Sometimes, the first thing you want never comes,
And I know, the waiting is all you can do,
Sometimes... "
-Aqualung

3 comments:

Rob West said...

hey, at least you know where your money went

I have an unbelievable ability to leave my home on the afternoon with a pocket full of money and come back in the evening with no money and nothing to show for it. No new stuff or bithin haircut or anything. Just an empty wallet. Where the crap did my money go??

Becky said...

my brother's have the same problem, but I think it's because they drink alot and like to buy other people drinks and not just themselves.

Maybe you just have a hole in your wallet that your money keeps falling out. Maybe you should check that out.

Rob West said...

Twinklz,

I am familiar with the condition you are describing. I think it's called a "girlfriend".

Oh no he ditt'n!!