Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Only in Texas

Only in Texas is it the day before Thanksgiving and it's 85 degrees outside. RIDICULOUS. It's the time of year where it gets down to the low 50's at night and the mornings are freezing, but come 10:00 in the morning, it's brutally hot. I wonder why Texas weather is like that. Make up your mind, either be cold or hot so that I don't have to wear tons of layers in the morning, just to shed them come lunch time. COME ON. We're not like most states where we have a summer a fall then a winter, we get a summer then BAM! it's winter without any warning. Whatev.

I'm in a little pissy mood today because I was really excited to go home today. My truck was all packed up at 11:00 and my cousin that I'm picking up in Austin called and says....Um, there's been a schedule change and I can't be ready to leave until 3:00. Oh man did I almost have a heart attack. I survived, but seriously, I was upset. Now we're really going to be sitting in some crazy traffic and instead of getting home at around 2:00 or 3:00, we're not going to get there until like 6:00 or so. Ug...I guess that's how life goes.

But I am super excited to see all the family. Thanksgiving is always at our house, so I won't have to get up and go anywhere in the morning, which is nice. Although I'm sure there won't be any sleeping in time. We're going to have a full house. We don't have the facilities to accomodate that many people for sleeping purposes. Once we all started moving out the house there were less and less beds around. Now we have a couch, some cots and an air matress. It's silly. You would think coming home would be nice, now it's a struggle to get into the bathroom and find a place to sleep. The parents tore up the carpet to put in hardwood floors, which is really nice, but now we can't really sleep on the floor anymore. Alright. That's OK.

Well...I'm off to the great small town of Floresville. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to everyone who reads this!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

WHATEV! Oh, I love you.