Monday, November 14, 2005

For All of This

Again I get all these great thoughts as I lay in bed, trying to make sleep come. This weekend was just full of great conversations. Conversations with different kinds of people: Mom, Dube, Janet, My high school youth group.
Some of my Kiddo's are having struggles with their parents. Which ALL teenagers go through. It's just part of adolescence. I asked them if they ever tell their parents how much they appreciate everything they do for them...or that they love them. That also got me thinking. I don't even do that. My family has never been the kind to just finish a phone call with an "I love you" or when we leave after a holiday or just any time at all. We throw in an "I love you" when times are bad, but that's about it.

It also got me think about that whole phrase and how often I've used. For me, it's easier to use with girls. I can tell Becca or Lauren or Courtney that I love them, but I can't do that with my parents? I also don't think I've ever said that to a guy before. Well, I take that back, I've said it to my dearest friends, because I do love them, I'm just not "in-love" with them. You know what I mean? It's just always been easier for me to say it to girls that to boys. Weird.

Lot's more on my mind...but my arms are feeling ridiculously weak and it hurts to type...

"for all of this
i'm better off without you
do you regret so
your loneliness"
-The Early November

No comments: