Sunday, July 24, 2005

Another Day

Well it's been a week, and it was a good one. I love going to camp, and I think I got more out of it this time than I did last time. It was nice to get away. Plus, I got to stay at my friend Jen's house instead of in a cabin, so that was nice. I didn't have to fight over a shower or anything like that.
I got to hang out with some old staff members too. Gary worked at camp while I was in high school and we both came as sponsors this week and got to hang out. It's weird to get to do that because I was always used to seeing him as this old guy that was in charge and now he's just a regular Joe that was fun to hang out with. I remember him dating one of the other staff members like 5 years ago when he worked there, and now they're going to be getting married in March. That's exciting.

I got to go to a wedding yesterday and I had to go by myself. Which I have done before, but I really didn't know anyone at this wedding. I knew about 5 guys from TLU, but they all came with their girlfriends, and so I didn't want to be "That girl" that hangs out with all the guys while the girlfriends talk about "why is that girl talking to them?". So, I left at about 9:00. At least I got out a little last night. I'm still pretty tired from the week though....

I do have lots more to say, but I'm a little distracted so I'll write laters.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Welcome Back... It's good to see old friends again. A lot of times (in my experiences at least) they are Totally different from what they used to be. I went to a funeral a while back and saw a bunch of old classmates. I wasn't particularly close to many of them, but we found out that we had a lot in common. It was good talking to them. I now look forward to my 10 year reunion next year.

Again, welcome back. Maybe I'll hear from you soon. Hope the distraction goes away soon. If that's what you want. Distractions aren't necessarily bad.