Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Rock On

Well this week has just been fantastic. Day Camp is just running itself, I pop up whenever I feel like it, and I've gotten to hang out with some pretty awesome people. The staff they sent me is amazing, just full of energy, excitement and a love for the Lord. I don't have to worry about anything.

Last night was the Alkaline Trio concert and it was great. First I had dinner with my friend (actually he's one of my brothers best friends from high school) Jared at Shady Grove, Great Food, before we went to the show. We got to the show at about 9:30...it started at 8:00, but it was all general admission and we didn't want to have to stand for that long. Alkaline Trio went on about 25 minutes later, so it was perfect. It was inside, so it was was a bit hot. Live shows are just so much better than the radio or CD's. Although I'm a weiney sometimes and it got a little loud for me at times but it was so great. I couldn't have had a better time...oh wait...it gets better.

It was definitely hot inside this place, and I started to feel a little lightheaded. So I started to walk outside with my friend Jared and the next thing I know...I wake up on the groud with all these guys around me pouring water on my face. That was the scariest thing EVER. I just blacked out. I remember losing my hearing and then black clouds rolling in and then I lost all feeling in my arms and legs and apparently just fell on the ground. Now that was weird. Hopefully that is the only time that will happen. It's weird though because had been drinking water like crazy. I don't know...
But I do know that I really do not like being the center of attention, especially when it's unintentional like this. I can do something silly for a laugh, but I don't like when people focus on me when it wasn't planned. I went to the bathroom before I left and there were girls in there who as soon as I walked in were like..."are you ok?"..."yea, that's the girl that passed out." HELLO, I'm right here, you don't have to talk like that while I'm right there...Aaaaaauuuu.
So I still feel a little OFF today, but hopefully that will fade.

Today is Water Day with the little ones!!! (I hate water)

"Intending to burn, pretending to fight it
Everyone learns faster on fire
Things took a turn, lost all desire
You live and you burn
You live and you burn"
-Alkaline Trio

3 comments:

Richard said...

That is pretty scary. I can't imagine waking up to having water poured on me. I think one of the worst feelings is forgetting (or not knowing) what happened. I had a seizure a few years ago, and woke up in the hospital. I remember waking up earlier that morning. I was going to go to work, but since I was going to be working alone, I slept in. About 15 minutes later, I had my seizure. It's the only one I have had, but it was one of the worst. Several years ago, I had a wreck on a four-wheeler. I remember that morning, but the next thing I remember was 15 days later. That was rough. There have been other times, but That's another story. Maybe I'll blog about it. Glad you're okay. We'll be thinking of you. Talk to you later.

Lauren said...

Becky! I'm glad you're okay. Scary!!!

Unknown said...

Becky,
When I played soccer, coaches used to tell us to at half time to drink water in little amounts and not overload ourselves in the heat. If you down a ton of water when you are already dehydrated then it can have bad effects on you, like passing out. Your body does not absorb the water as quickly as it needs to replenish that which it has lost. I learned to drink water slowly in order to rehydrate myself and I have not had problems with passing out. I am glad you are okay...
Erik