Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Firemen Are Coming!!!

That's right, the Georgetown Firemen are coming to show the kiddo's their firetruck. I think I'm more excited than anyone else here...we have some pretty good looking fire fighters. I'm sure the ones that come today are going to be married and bald, but there's always a chance that we'll get one of the younger ones.

I've been hanging out with my high schoolers a lot this week, we only a few of them that are volunteering here at day camp. But I just have a blas hangin' with them. Sometimes I wish they were my age so that I could actually hang out with them outside of church. One of these days I'll make a friend in the area.

I took my day camp staff out to the Davenport's last night for some shish-ka-bobs. YUMMY!! I love going out their. They always have awesome food. Plus this amazing deck that we all get to just be on. I love sitting outside in the breeze. It takes me home. The longhorns all came up to the fence too and so we got to pet them. I'm still pretty scared of cows, I always have been and I don't know why.
I like going out their too because Mrs. Davenport desperately want me to marry her son. And I definitely would in a heartbeat, but we barely hang out as it is. Plus, one of my best friends is trying to set him up with her cousin...how rude. Anways, he is an amazing person. Good christian, in a band, and just a genuinely nice guy. Not many of those around...Anyways.

I leave for camp on Sunday and I'll be gone for a whole week. Hopefully I'll get a little spiritual rejuvination from that, because that is something that I need.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Firefighters are cool. They have my utmost respect. I couldn't handle their job. And What's Wrong With Bald?!?!? You know. They say, "Bald is Beautiful." :)=)

I spent some time out at the near by Lake (Tim's Ford) at a rental house (they call it a cabin, but it's really just a house.), and it was a lot of fun to sit outside in the swing or on the pontoon boat, even though is was about 150 degrees...lol...

Sorry about the Cow fear. However, that's probably smart. I raised a couple of cows at home, (literally 2). We also raised chickens and pigs. The pigs were the most interesting.

Good luck with Mrs. Davenport's Son. You never know. Remember, whatever is meant to be, will be. He could also be a part of that Spiritual Rejuvination you are looking for. May the Lord bless you in all you do.
In Christian Love,
Richard