Sunday, July 31, 2005

BEAUTIFUL LOVE

My best friend in the whole wide world just got married yesterday, and I must say that was one of the happiest/most fun weddings I have ever been to.
The day started early at about 9:30, we all met up at Barton Creek Mall to get our hair done. It was so much fun. Her friends from high school were there, her mom and grandma was there and some of Steve's relatives. It was just a great time hanging out. Plus we all left looking AMAZING. Not to brag, but we were beautiful.
Then we did lunch and got to the church at about 1:00 to start getting ready. Anyways...the service was beautiful. I actually got teary eyed and I had never cried at any of the wedding's I've been to. It was just an awesome awesome day. Becca and Steve are truly soul mates and when you actually get to see that in a couple it made the day that much better. They are so in love and so happy.

There was so much emotion throughout the day as well. So many hugs and kisses between the whole bridal party that it was just a great day of happiness. I went up to Steve at the reception and told him how happy I was for him and he just looked at me and said..."I am so happy right now." And it was just in the way he said it that I just wanted to cry because he was so deserving of this amazing woman that I have had the honor to call my friend for the past 15 years.

It was such a fun evening as well. They had three different kegs...all Shiner...which I'm not a big fan of. But they had the Shiner Blonde...so I stuck to that. I had enough to where I was ready to have fun. I DANCED the whole night. It was awesome...we just acted like fools out on the dance floor. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll have some awesome pictures.

I also got to meet up and hang out with some of my "camp" friends afterwards. We got some ice-cream at AMY's and it was fun. It was nice to do something like that instead of meeting up at a bar like we usually do. Anyways...it was so great and I just can't say enough good things about the couple and the day. The pictures will tell more of the story when I get those up though...so, be patient.

1 comment:

Richard said...

Congratulations!!! I wish them the best of luck. I have only been to a few weddings. I was honored to be one of my friend's Groomsmen once. It was odd, because I met him through his girlfriend, who at I was really good friends with in high school. She and I drifted apart, because I moved away. She and my wife were really close too, and that's why we got back in touch. After I got to know him, he turned out to be a pretty cool guy. The odd part is that the girl he married wasn't the girl that introduced us. Unfortunately he and I have lost touch. I received a Christmas card from him about 5 years ago. I am terrible at keeping in touch. If it weren't for the internet, I'd never be able to do it. I love to hear your stories about friends that you have had for years, and are still close to. I miss that. I keep meaning to call some of them, but I never do. What a loser...:((
It's good you had a great time. Can't wait to see the pictures. Talk to you soon. Make it a great day.