Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Best of Me

I was pretty bored yesterday and I just can't sit at my apartment anymore. When I'm alone, my mind wanders too much and I think I would have just spun into another depression. Well, I ended up going to one of my high school girls house to watch a movie. We watched "Raise Your Voice". Now, just for the record, I really would have never watched that movie, but it's fun to watch silly teen-girl movies every now and then.

OK so this movie has Hillary Duff in it. That right off should tell you how cheezy it is. Here is the story line. She's like 16 and sweet and inhocent. She goes to a music school where of course she is greeted by a good-looking guy (just how real life works). Well, he has the "bad boy" image because he spikes his hair. He falls for her because she's "good" (because as we know, all bad boys want a good girl, and all good girls want a bad boy). OK. Yada-yada-yada....they're just meant to be. AT SIXTEEN...give me a break. I'm sure they'll have their little fling and he'll find a floozy and life will then be how it should be. At least I wasn't sitting home alone.


"we turn our music down
and we whisper
say what your thinking right now
tell me what you thought about
when you were gone and so alone
the worst is over
you can have the best of me
we got older but we're still young
we never grew out of this feeling that we wont give up"

-The Starting Line

4 comments:

Richard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Richard said...

Sorry I found a few mistakes in the first one and had to start over. Here's the new one.

Good job. It's good you were able to get out. Movies are great. I have to admit, I actually liked the movie, "Raise Your Voice". I agree, it may not be realistic, but I'm a music geek. What can I say? It used to be a dream of mine to either sing professionally or play in a small band (not a rock band, a brass band). Neither of the 2 happened, and I'm okay with that. I probably would have gotten into trouble, if I had done that. My plan after graduation was to move to Miami, and start the band. We would have played in nice restaurants while people ate. If you have never eaten at a place that had a small band in it, you should. I did move to Miami the day after graduation, but a took along my girlfriend (now wife) and son. that wasn't in the original picture. But, some things are just better left undone. Anyway enough about me...

I just read the comment you left. I was afraid you might say that..."Maybe I just thought him up when I found Matt..." We do that a lot. It's not just with people either. Sometimes we get so tired of looking that we convince ourselves that the person we have found is exactly what we want. The same is done with cars and houses. I hate to compare people to these material things, but it's true. Well, at least it was for me. I got tired of looking for a house, and bought the next one I saw. It's nothing like what I really wanted, except for the fact that it has doors and a roof...lol... It's hard to get a template, so to speak, of the perfect person, and try to fit it to everyone you meet. As well as it is hard to take a person and make a template from them. I think (you might agree) you have done the latter. Matt came along, and you wanted your perect person to either be him or someone just like him. We limit ourselves so much by doing that. We can't be sure we if have found the perfect person or not like that. All people are different, and no one fits perfectly how we want them to. There are adjustments to be made on both parts. Keep your head up. You are doing great. Talk to you soon.

Lauren said...

hey girl! let's talk soon about tonight--I'm super tired and I have TONS to talk to you about! Maybe we can make it a lazy evening. . .but I know you probably wanna get out. Anyway, we'll chat. Love you lots!

Richard said...

Thanx for commenting. No problem. I'll be here for quite some time. That is unless you ask me to leave. Till then, I'm here. Good luck.