Monday, July 11, 2005

Sweetness

I just had lunch with the cutest 8 year old.

We were talking about how old I am. Apparently to kids that age, I look like I'm 30.
They also asked if I was married or had a boyfriend. I said No.

Evan then says: "You don't need a boyfriend. They're just a handful of trouble."

How sweet was that. So I asked him if he has a girlfriend, He does. So I asked if he was a 'handful of trouble' to her. His response was:
"Why would be trouble to someone so cute."

Now this kid is amazing. I told him that he needs to talk to some of my guy friends. Kids thinking is awesome, they just say what they know. So innocent.
Awwww to be 8 again.

2 comments:

Richard said...

I agree. You know to talk to some of them, you would think they had it all figured out. They have an answer to everything. It is unbelievable how innocent a child's mind is. Then we adults go and mess things up for them...lol...
I heard of a little girl that was reading a sign on a bar, which read, "Wet T-Shirt Contest 8 - 12". She asked her dad if she could enter, because she was 9. If only she knew what she was asking. Yet, once again, we adults put stuff like that up for them. What a shame... If only we could get our innocent minds back again.

Lauren said...

cuuuuuuute. i love kids.