Friday, July 29, 2005

Being Brave

One of my goals for this year was to go to a restaurant by myself. I did that yesterday and I was so proud. Well...when I say restaurant, I mean something that is not fast food. I went to chili's. I sat at the bar, I ordered a beer and some nachos and hung out. I had pictured going there and striking up a conversation with whomever I was sitting next to, but that didn't really happen. I think I got there too early. Plus everyone there was with someone else so they were too caught up in that fact that they had someone to talk to rather than chit-chat with me.
But I'm really glad that I did that. Now I can do that more often. Well, not too much because that starts too add up. But I'm proud that I could get out of the apartment by myself and do something.

No, I didn't storm yesterday. Actually, it would have been a perfect day to go tubing. Instead I stayed indoors and got some work done. Which was also good because stuff needed to get worked on.

Today is my best friends rehearsal dinner. I got a call from her fiance last night saying that they just ran off about 200 programs and they misspelled my name. Granted I have a ridiculously hard name to spell, but I've known this girl for over 12 years and I know she knows how to spell my name. But oh well, at least they called me to warn me so that I wouldn't be shocked when I first saw it.

My friend Jenny, who is also a bridesmaid in the wedding, called yesterday to see if I would give her a ride to the rehearsal. So I'm going to do this. She got married this past December and is already 7 months pregnant. (I wonder what they did on their wedding night...) Anyways...it's just all hitting me (well, again) that all my friends are either getting married or having babies. And here I am...Not doing anything. Well yes, I do have a wonderful job and life...just no one to share it with. I know I need to cherish this time of singleness and enjoy my life...but you know...there's always that something in the back of your mind that just wants some more.

No comments: