Thursday, July 07, 2005

I LOVE my Job

I couldn't have asked for a better job or even a better congregation to be working at. I'm beginning to get super close with my High School youth which is awesome. Although a little more time consuming.

A couple days ago we just all met up for a long lunch and some shopping. (yes that is part of my job). Then yesterday I had to do some major Snack shopping for our Day Camp, so I had a couple of them come shopping with me to help push the carts and carry stuff. Then that afternoon we all met up at the beach in Georgetown. How fun!!! I love that my job is to just have fun with these awesome children of God. They're amazing people. Ever since their trip to Missouri that we took, they want to hang out with each other all the time. I sure hope this last once school begins.
But anyways....I love that I can just come and go as I please. I think I laid out for a couple hours yesterday as all the kiddo's swam. It was just a great day.

Plus, Lauren and I got to hang out. That's always good times. We just sat outside at this bar on 6th street and talked. It's just great getting to be with friends that are my age.

More good news. I got an e-mail from Matt yesterday. That really just made my day, I needed that. I really don't have a problem (yea, i say that now) with not being in a quasi-relationship with him. I just hate not being friends with someone. I just can't drop a person that I have known and never end up talking to them again. I had that done to me in college and it still bothers me. I just can't say, "OK, I'll never talk to you again". I can be phased out, that's better than just....OK, peace out, let's not talk again. You know what I mean.
Also...Matt is going to be in Miami the same time that Lauren and I are taking our trip to Key West. How fun would that be for him to come and hang out with us as we celebrate my birthday down there. That would be AWESOME.

So there, life is getting back to where it should be. Back to some sort of normality. I don't know...I still long for something in my life. Maybe I'm just not really ready for it. Smiles are to come. The next few weeks should be pretty busy for me too, so that'll be good for the soul.

"I don't believe in anything
But I believe in you
I never trusted anyone
But somehow I trust you
And if I fall away, someday you might find me
If I fall away, someday..."
-Midtown

3 comments:

Richard said...

It is so much easier to work, when you love what you do. I love what I do (usually), but it's not as much fun as what yours sounds like. I mean, long lunches, shopping, camping, going to the beach, swimming...I could handle a job like that.

I'm glad Matt emailed you. It's good to know that he hasn't cut off all contact, (I think). That's pretty much what happened between my friend and I (not in so many words). Though I have seen her once, since then. Do you know where in Miami he will be? Have fun in Key West. And if I forget to tell you again, Happy Birthday. When is it? You and I are both Leos, but mine is the 3rd of August.
I like how you said , "Smiles are to come." It's good to see that you are looking at things a bit differently now. Things are looking better. I hope all goes well. Talk to you later.

Becky said...

My birthday is on the 8th...I'll be celebrating it with my gorgeous and wonderful friend Lauren at some awesome dive in Key West. Nothing beats a birthday on the beach!

Richard said...

I should be able to remember. I guess we'll see. Happy Birthday. You and Lauren have a great time. Tell her I said Hello.