Sunday, October 16, 2005

Aaaaaaa.....So.....Tired.....

Wow...it's getting harder and harder to do stuff in a weekend. I try to fit so many things in that I just wear myself out. Friday was packed with shopping with a friend and going to Volley Ball games. Saturday was going to San Antonio for a lunch and then back for a Halloween festival for church. San Antonio is just too far to drive just for lunch. But it was for family so I'm glad I went. I picked up my cousin in Austin and brought him along. He's really enjoyable to talk to. I never realized that growing up. I guess we're both at that age where we can be friends.

I also got a phone call last night at about 3:15 a.m. Usually I don't answer those calls because it's my friends being stupid. But I listened to the voice message that was left and it sounded sad...so I called back. It was a friend from college that was just having a hard time dealing with certain circumstances in his life. As a guy, I think it's hard for them to open up...especially to another guy friend. So I was honored that he thought to call me to talk. But at the same time it makes me feel just like the "girl next door" because I'm the one that people feel comfortable talking to. They know I won't judge them and they know I'm a sincere person. But it also hurts because that's all I'm going to be to a lot of my friends...just that girl that they can talk to.

It shouldn't bother me because I love that people see me that way. That they value what I have to say. I've always considered myself a good friend. And it just goes to show that I am...I haven't seen this guy in over a year, but he still chose me out of all of his friends to call and pour his heart out too. It was a very emotional conversation, very draining. So after about an hour of talking we decided to hang up. Well, of course I couldn't go back to sleep. My mind was just racing with different thought about his life and about my life and what we're both doing. I seriously couldn't sleep. I got off the phone at 4:00 and I was still tossing and turning at 7:00...that sucks because I had to get up at 7:45. I'm just really worn out today.

I had to take my middle schoolers to Marble Falls to do a Corn Maze, which was awesome. And now I'm about to meet with my High Schoolers. I'm just ready to get to sleep. I definitely need a vacation after today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool site. It's down-to-earth and fun to read. Check out "The Greedy Greg Show" www.greedygreg44.blogspot.com