Thursday, October 13, 2005

Mmmmm....Mocha Frappacino

I absolutely love getting coffee with Lauren. It always turns into a TWO HOUR social of boy talk. I guess it's not ALL about boys, but I would say a good 92% is boy related. We throw some work related stuff in every now and then. But mostly it's just fun talk about what's going on in our lives. We're on the path of finding a person that we can share the rest of our lives with, we learn from our mistakes and try to move on.

I've noticed that I have a criteria that I use when it comes to guys...what kind of person I want to be with and whenever they don't meat one of those criteria, it's kind of like...OK, NEXT. I shouldn't be so judgmental...maybe the person I have outlined for me isn't who I'm supposed to be with. Here is what I look for:
*Christian...preferably Lutheran, but I think can handle something other than that. (I grew up in a house where my parents where different religions, it was hard, but it works)
*Tall...preferably like 5'10" to like 6'4". I don't know, I've just always had a thing for really tall guys.
*Non-Smoker
*Dark hair. That's a little picky, but I do, I like darker hair.
*In a band. That's kind of just a bonus, I like rockers, tattoos, black clothes...all that fun stuff.
*Pretty. I'm a sucker for pretty boys.
*Nice teeth. Smiles are just so captivating, I would like to look at a nice one.
*Strong forearms. I just have a thing for them, I don't know.
*Sarcastic...I can't take sweetness all the time.
*Funny, good sense of humor, will make fun of me or others.
*Good job, hopefully has a college education. I don't want to be the bread winner.
*Someone that doesn't want me to dress up all the time and look skanky.

Now there have been three boys in my life that actually fit all these things. Two I sort of dated and the other one, I just have a huge crush on. I think I only have a crush on him because he has all those qualities that I listed not because he's HOT or anything...well, he is hot, but I noticed that after I became his friend.
But I'm so bad about finding the faults in guys because they don't have a certain quality that I've always thought I wanted. What if God doesn't want me to be with someone like I described above? What if I'm supposed to be with someone completely opposite of that? Would I just push them away because they don't fit my outline? I hope not. I'm assuming when that right person comes along it'll be easy and I'll just be like...you're the one. I guess I won't know until it happens, but as a girl...I think about that all the time. Maybe I need to change my "what I look for in a guy" list...
I don't know.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I love having coffee with you, too. And I don't think you need to change your "what to look for in a guy" list. . .it'll happen as it will and your man will be surprising, fun, and AMAZING!!