Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Ghost of a Good Things

I picked up a book the other night to try and put me to sleep. I have this book about the proper way to date as a Christian. I really don't agree with a lot of the stuff said in the book, but it did put my to sleep like I had planned. There was one quote in the book that really stook out to me. It's from some book that Matthew Henry wrote:
"Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

Isn't that a sweet way to look at creation? I like to think it is. I don't really have much to say about it, just that it got me thinking and I really like it.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

that is way cool.

Rob West said...

Actually, I really enjoyed that. For more on this topic, I think you'll like my most recent post on my blog, (and the comments that went with it). Please come on by!