Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What I DON'T Like

I really don't like it when random guys I don't know tell me that I'm hot. I don't know why, it just makes me really uneasy to know that there are guys out there saying, "hey, check out this hot girl". Then have the nerve to write me an email telling me how hot they think I am. Does that really work for them? Or for you ladies, does it work for you when a guys tells you how good you look? Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I just don't like when guys I don't know compliment me. I have a hard enough time taking compliments from guys that I do know. At least with the guys I know, they're being genuine...or at least have a little sincerity in their statement.

So for all you guys out there...lay off the silly compliments until later on. Just be yourself.

2 comments:

Richard said...

OUCH! I don't remember ever calling you "hot", but compliments are something that I give easily. I don't think I generally refer to any girl as being "hot". It sounds a bit cheesy. Not that I've never been accused of being cheesy, but in this case it is also dis respectful. So I am not sure if I fall into this category, but if I do, let me first apologize. Physical Attractiveness or physical beauty is a wonderful thing. However, it is not what makes up a person. I, personally, don't see any harm in telling a woman she is attractive, if it is done tastefully. Now, the fact of a woman not being able to take a compliment may not necessarily be her fault. Men have a bad rap, when it comes to compliments. The first thought is that they must want something. That isn't always the case. I have to admit, the emailing is going a bit far. However, you mentioned that guys should just be themselves. What if, that is who they are? Remember, these are guys that you don't know. Please let me know, if I would have been in this group. You may not know me, but I'm really an open book. All questions are welcomed. Hope to hear from you soon.

Lauren said...

I'm going to miss YOU!!!! Have a good 10 days while I'm gone. . .don't do anything too crazy. ;) I'll talk to you when I return. . .love you lots.