Saturday, October 08, 2005

Update

Well the visit to the vet was a little more than what I was expecting.
She's had a growth on her brain pretty much ever since I got her. And the pressure of it was just builing up too quickly for her. It was a rapid progression, at first it was just a little ear ache, then Thursday she lost feeling in her left front paw and then Friday morning she lost all use of her left side. It was really sad to see. But she was getting a lot of nerve damage from the build up on her brain. Sad, I know. I asked the vet to tell me what was really going to happen. He said that since it was moving really fast that she would only have about a week or so to live. He asked me if I wanted to give her a cortizone shot...it would either makes things real good or, it would help her for now and when the shot where's off it could be worse. Well, the shot was cheap so I figured I'd give it a go. She's doing really well now...running around. She got feeling back into her left side. (although she was screaming the whole time he was giving her the shot :( ) I was crying the whole time...it's sad to hear that your pet is going to die in the next week or so. He even told me if it starts to get really bad I should just put her to sleep so that she doesn't have to suffer. I wouldn't be able to do that, I would have to get someone to do that.
Needless to say I'm weak and these two days have been rough. I just don't want to go to work and wonder if she is still going to be alive when I get home. That's a sad feeling. Oh well...I guess I'll just focus on today and that fact that I have to go to a wedding in a bit. At least the sun is out. That's good. Yesterday I was FREEZING all day. I didn't know it was supposed to be cold, all I packed for home was flip flops and some caprees. I am just now getting a warm. OK...enough.

No comments: