Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Kangaroo

I was just browsing through some pictures on myspace and saw a picture of a kangroo and it jogged my memory...

I love the movie Love Actually, it's just a great story. It begins and ends at the airport. It's fun to people watch in airports, watch people cry and hug as they leave and also again when people arrive. It is just an emotional time for everyone there pretty much.

When I was at the airport a couple weeks ago to pick up Chris, I had an awesome time.
The first thing that happened was: I was standing around like an idiot at the bottom of the escalator waiting and a lady walks by pulling this big box. The kind that you take a dog in. Well as it got closer, it was a kangaroo. It was so neat. It was just one of those random things that puts a smile on your face to see a lady pull a kangaroo through the airport.

2nd thing: An older gentlemen saw me standing by myself and asked if everything was alright. I told him, yes, I'm fine. Then he says he has bad knees and really didn't want to walk up the two flights of stairs to the third floor. So, I pointed to the other side of the airport and said there's an escalator over there if that's easier for you. He just looked at me and said, "Lady, You're the Best." and walked away. Again...another smile on my face.

3rd thing: Chris arrived. It's always just neat to meet people at the airport. There's always hugs involved.

No comments: