Monday, October 24, 2005

Come in Last and Reach for First

I had an absolutely wonderful weekend. It was busy and non-stop, but it was great. I stayed with a couple of teenage girls this weekend because their parents were out of town. We had a blast. We went bowling, painted pottery, went to the movies, went out to eat and then did a lot of hanging out. It really helped that they were two wonderful girls.

But I also decided that I'm not ready to be a mother just yet. Not that they were hard to "take care" of, it's just that since they were in my care, I was worrying the whole time. I shouldn't have, but I did. I hope I don't turn out to be an over protective mother, but I'm really scared I will be. But I'll worry about that when the time comes. Plus, I also had to watch what I said or what I wore and how I acted. I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility. I like how it is now, I get to hang out with the awesome people in my youth group and then have them go to their own home at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Rob West said...

I love kids, but I can't imagine raising one yet myself. I can't even get ME to eat vegetables or go to bed before 2. And I work in the morning!

Plus, I agree, it's relieving to know that if these kids are warped, screw it, they're not my kids...