Wednesday, October 05, 2005

So Hard to Stay

It's weird how songs just make you really emotional. Or maybe I'm just being a girl and everything makes me emotional. I was listening to that song Photograph, by Nickelback last night and a phrase in the song really caught my attention:

"I miss that town
I cannot believe it
So hard to stay
So hard to leave it"


That's exactly how I feel about my hometown. I had some great memories growing up in Floresville, and I also had some really bad ones. Either way it's HOME.
I notice it a whole bunch when I go home for holiday's. There's really nothing to do there, but drive to San Antonio. I don't think I would ever want to live there again, but I guess I should never say never. Whenever I stay for a couple of days it always makes me feel so comfortable. My parents are there, some of my brother's are there. I just like the feeling of being around family. When I went home for Christmas I stayed for about 4 nights (I haven't done that in a LONG time). I had the hardest time leaving. I think I cried for most of the 2 hour drive back to Georgetown. I miss that feeling of having someone to come home to, or knowing that someone is going to be there when I wake up. Someone is there when I need to talk about feelings, life, work, friends, whatever. But that song has such a deep meaning for me. It is hard to go home because there's nothing real exciting there, but it's so hard to leave my family because I just love them so much.

I'm going home this weekend and I'll be there for about 3 nights and I'm already preparing myself for Sunday afternoon when I'll be leaving them. I hate saying Good-bye, no matter who it is.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yep, I know exactly how you feel. It's one of the greatest feelings in the world--going home. And it's one of the hardest feelings knowing that you're leaving home. I read in a book once that heaven is probably a "coming home" feeling. Isn't that cool?