Thursday, March 03, 2005

Good Day

Sometimes you just know when you are going to have a good day. This morning as I was driving to work my phone rang at about 8:15 a.m. I get a little irritated when people call me before 9:00, so I'm sure I sounded a little rude when I answered the phone. Well, it was one of my dedicated high school youth parents (she calls me a lot, so it really wasn't unsually that she called). She called to tell me that she just passed my going the opposite way to take her daughter to school and knew that I would be getting to work early/on-time. And wanted to let me know that she really appreciates the fact that I am always on time and punctual and that that is a good character to have. That was it... she said have a wonderful day and I'll talk to you later. How neat is that, to just get a phone call to have someone compliment you out of the blue. I almost cried, but I just had to smile about that. It's just nice to hear that I am appreciated and that people respect what I do. I don't have family close by and that's hard at times, but people here just amaze me. What a wonderful way to start off the day.

Plus tomorrow I get to see my dad because my High School is playing in the girls basketball state play-offs in Austin and I'm going to meet him to go watch them. Yea!!

"Today I didn't even have to use my A.K. I got to say it was a good day" -Ice Cube

No comments: