Wednesday, March 23, 2005

It's Going to be a Sun Shiny Day

Yesterday was one of the craziest days I've had in a very long time. I got 6 different phone calls. No one EVER calls me and when they do...it's usually one at a time. This is how my afternoon/evening went.

MOM: my mother called first just to get me updated on the rosary/funeral dates and times. Turns out I can't make any of them because I need to be up here for Easter stuff. Which is fine, I guess.
CARRIE: I call one of my best friends from High school to ask her about the funeral and what not, but she doesn't answer, so I leave her a message. Then I call her twin sister...
CHRISTINE: Fills me in with more detail about the situation and we chat for a while about Easter plans and what not. It was a nice simple conversation. Then my oldest brother beeps in...
CORY: Also wants to fill me in on the details about the funeral notice and stuff. We end up talking for a while as well about what we are going to do for Easter this year. Plus we was at work and bored, so I tried to entertain him for a while...He had to get back to work, so I decided to call my friend Melissa (she's getting married in Key West this summer and I haven't talked to her in about 5 months. She doesn't answer so I leave her a message.)
MELISSA: Calls when she gets out of the shower. She lives in Oklahoma right now during tornado season and said that there were 7 tornados this weekend. She was scared out of her mind...and for good reasons. Anyways... we talked for a while, it was nice to catch up with her because she's one of the persons I know that I can actually connect with...good stuff.
CARRIE: calls me back after dinner with her fiance...they're looking to buy a house...She also purchased her wedding dress yesterday and had to talk about that. Hopefully I'll get to see her during the Easter Holiday. During that conversation Emily beeps in....but I miss it.
EMILY: wants to throw a bachelorette party for a friend Courtney. We're both in her wedding this summer and she was just getting some plans straitened out.

I have never had that many phone conversations in one day in a long time. It was nice to know that there are people out there that actually care about me!! Anyways...it was a good day.

"I can see clearly now, the rain is gone, I can see all obstacles in my way. Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind. It's gonna be a bright, bright, Sun-Shiny day. It's gonna be a bright, bright, Sun-Shiny day. Oh yes I can make it now, the pain is gone. All of the bad feelings have disappeared. Here is the rainbow I've been prayin', forIt's gonna be a bright, bright, Sun-Shiny day. Look all around, there's nothin' but blue skies. Look straight ahead, nothin' but blue skies" -Bob Marley

No comments: