Monday, March 21, 2005

We're not invincible

I just recieved a disturbing phone call from my oldest brother. A guy that I graduated High School from just past away from pneumonia. How scary is that? To me, that is something that elderly people pass away from. Not a young person. I was very shocked also at the fact that the past two times I went to my doctor he has warned me about having the onset of pneumonia and to watch out. It's scary to think that we won't live forever. We may not even live to be middle age. It's not until something terrible happens that we realize that we need to evaluate what we're doing with our lives. But God does have a plan for each and everyone of us and we need to accept his will for our lives.

I hate to change the subject so drastically, but before that I got a phone call from the "boy" and it was such a distraction. It was a nice converstaion, he was just so "real". Nothing that I should be nervous about. Whatever. After that phone call I was on cloud nine that I couldn't finish a letter that I needed to write.

It's amazing how our lives can go from one extreme to another in the matter of an hour.

"I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring your prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: