Monday, March 14, 2005

Life's Like This...

I love camp. There is just something about going to camp and being around people you trust and just be yourself. I grew up going to summer camp, then I worked at the same summer camp, and now as a youth director I take my youth to the same summer camp. So it is a huge part of my life. This weekend there was a weekend brainstorming session at camp to get ideas about how to get the 20 and 30 year olds back to church. It was really successful, but I think I was there more for selfish reasons. Because I have such a huge background with this camp, I just wanted to be there, and I knew I would see old friends. And I did. It was so nice to just be with great people.
Then Sunday was nice. I had no duties after church because everyone is on Spring Break. Therefore, I went out to lunch with my sponsors from the church. It was just like being with family. I love them so much. They are a great couple, a little older than my parents, plus I know their son from working at camp with him. Camp just gives you so many wonderful connections.


"Throw away the radio suitcase that keeps you awake-hide the telephone in case, you realize that sometimes you're not okay-you level off but its not all right now you need to understand there's nothing strange about this-you need to know your friends-I'll be waving my hand watching you drown watching you scream-quiet or loud" Clumsy-Our Lady Peace

No comments: