Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Things Look Better Than they Seem

Well my goal for the week of trying to put a positive spin on things is much tougher than I expected. It's very easy to put on a happy face and be this amazingly happy person when there are people around to see it. But when I am home alone (every day) it's really hard to stay positive. It's very difficult to be happy when you live in a city where you know no one and have really no way of meeting people. It's very depressing at times. Last night I just sulked on my couch for about 5 hours. It was awful, but I just don't know what else to do with my time. I shouldn't complain, it's not like I'm doing anything to fix this depression, but sometimes I just wish something would happen.
My friends say they understand how I feel, but I thin it's just bunch of bullshit. These friends of mine have NEVER been alone. They're the kind that can't go a week without having a boyfriend, they've never lived by themselves, and always are around people. Actually, they're all about to get married so that makes it even more ridiculous. Although I love where I am in my life, I just would like someone to share it with. Not necessarily someone that will soon become a husband...just any kind of person will do.

"Living risky, never scared, wander Closer to the edge. Nothing valued think no fear, Always wondering why you're here, All your purposes are gone, nothing's Right and nothing's wrong. Nothing ventured, nothing gained Feel no sorrow, feel no pain. Kiss me while I'm still alive, Kill me while I kiss the sky. Let me die on my own terms, Let me live and let me learn." -Life on My Own Three Doors Down

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about our blogs being mirror images of each other! Wow. And I was ALSO thinking that we need to go out soon. We need to get out of our apartments and get a drink! :) Love ya.