Monday, March 07, 2005

You're My Wonderwall

This was by far a wonderful weekend. Friday I woke up and went to Austin, I met up with my friend Christine from high school and went to watch a basketball game. The girls high school team that we graduated from was in the state basketball play-offs. That was fun to go to. Got to see some old friends...see who's married, see who's had a baby, just see people. Then after that I drove down to San Antonio. My good friend Courtney is getting married this summer and I'm in her wedding. I've only seen her, like, twice since we graduated from college together over a year ago. I stayed with her and her fiance and her dog and cat. Well, we're both working women now and are pretty much loser's when it comes to going out on a Friday night. We ended up going to Hooligans and watching the Spurs game and were back home by about 10:45. Not much of a night life. It was really nice to see her again...we hadn't talked for a while after graduation so it's nice to get the friendship started back up again.

Then Saturday morning I went home to the great Peanut Capital of Texas...Floresville. My cousins little boy was haveing a 4th birthday party, so I went with my parents to the party. It was cute...he had a Spider Man theme. Then I drove all the way back to G-town in the worst weather EVER. It was raining and gross, but I got back in one piece. Yea...

Then this Sunday I had a huge presentation to make to the congregation. I am throwing out the old confirmation program and starting a new one. So I had to get in front of everyone and talk about what I am doing and what this new program is all about. I was pretty proud of myseld. It's my first big change that I've made since I've been here. It was kind of a rush. Everyone was for it, so that nice. I'll have lots of support. All-In-All it was a great weekend.

"And all the roads we have to walk along are winding. And all the lights that lead us there are blinding. There are many things that I would like to say to youI don't know how, Because maybe, You're gonna be the one who saves me? And after all You're my wonderwall " -OASIS

No comments: