Tuesday, March 29, 2005

He is Risen

Easter weekend was awesome. I got to go home and see my family for a few days. I got to spend individual time with each of my three brothers which was amazing. I really love them more and more when I see them. I love that we finally get to actually have conversations when I see them instead of stupid small talk. We act like grown ups and it's neat. So my dad ended up Bar-B-Queing some ribs for our Easter dinner on Saturday. They were delicious...Thanks Dad.

The drive down home as awful though. Church was a little longer than I was thinking it was going to be. I didn't get on the road until about 8:30 that evening. It took me an hour and 45 minutes to get to down town Austin, it usually takes like 30 minutes. Well I saw what was making it take so long....7 car pile up!! There were probably more because the first car that was smashed didn't have a car in front of it to show what it smashed in to. There weren't any ambulances and people were just walking around, so I doubt it was serious...just a big delay. And while everyone was sitting in the ridiculous traffic...I got rear ended by the person behind me. Nothing that did any damage...but it was a big enough hit for me to jerk forward and for peanuts cage to hit the dashboard. Whatever...I didn't do anything because it was dark and I wasn't about to get out of my truck and walk around while traffic was going. I just let it go because I wanted to get home.

So then. I got back on Saturday evening. I was supposed to be at church early Sunday morning...7:00 to help my Senior High youth with their Easter breakfast. Well apparently I was very tired...I roled over and saw that it was 7:33. I was pissed. I set my alarm for 5:50 p.m. instead of a.m. Well I was so embarassed I could barely move. So I brushed my teeth put my hair in a pony tail and left. I didn't get to take a shower or wear the dress that I wanted to because I was in such a hurry. But everything was taken care of. I'm usually the first person anywhere, always 5 minutes early and here I was walking in an hour late. So then, I just felt crappy all day. But it was fine.

After Easter service I went to my main youth sponsers house for some ham. It was nice to be around people I know.

Then for dinner I went to my sponsers house. They live out in the country and have tons of acres with about what seems like 50 long horns. I got to feed them, it was awesome. I took some pictures of them because they really were beautiful animals. I was totally scared of them though because they are huge. Then we had some more ribs. They were delicious as well. Then we watched a little college basketball. It was intense. Kentucky vs. Michigan. Double overtime. But again, it was just wonderful to be with people that act like your family. Nice to be welcomed somewhere.

"It's all about the love. It's everything that I've been dreaming of." -Sister Hazel

No comments: