Wednesday, March 16, 2005

What does it all Mean

As I was thinking about how many weddings I will be participating in this summer, I began to think about my future wedding (that is if I ever find someone that I could spend the rest of my life with...right now I'm no where near being ready to be married). I was thinking about colors and dresses and bridesmaids. Then I was thinking all three of my Best Friends are engaged to be married this summer. My three best friends consist of a girl that I grew up with since 2nd grade, a girl that I went to high school with, and then a girl that was my best friend through out college. They all have someone to be their Maid of Honor. That kind of made me feel a little shitty. I'll never be someone's Maid of Honor at their wedding. Does that mean that I just don't mean as much to them as they mean to me? I would hope not, but that's what I was feeling. Granted, two of them have sisters that they chose, but the thought is still there. One of them is definitely on my top list of being my maid of honor, but now it worries me what they will think if I ask them and they didn't ask me, you know. I know I shouldn't worry about any of this, but as a girl, it was on my mind.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." - Anais Nin

1 comment:

k8trix said...

I have three sisters and they're all younger than me. The one closets to me in age got married last may and even though we're very, very close to each other she chose another one of our sisters to be her maid of honor. It kind of sucked, it was already kind of hard that my _younger_ sister was getting married before me.