Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Wave on Wave

Yesterday was such a great day. Besides have beautiful weather, everything was just... good. I went with a lady from the church to pick up a very bitter elderly woman and bring her to church to get her picture taken for the directory. Now this woman is that crazy lady that everyone is scared of: She lives in a dilapadated house, there are stray cats everywhere, a dead bird on her entry way to her house, junk all over her yard and pathways threw her house because she has so much junk. Well, we get her into the car and these were the few conversations that she started: Dishes are piling up in her kitchen and she doesn't know what to do with all the rats that are crawling in them, she has a pimple on her eye and a yeast infection, she has no family because they don't want anything to do with her, and she wants the kids of the church to fix her roof, paint her porch and rake her leaves. You can't help but just smile and listen to her, she really is a neat lady. Just a little lonely. I am super glad that I got to spend time with her, and also just as glad that I didn't have to do it by myself. It really was a learning/growing/eye-opening experience. On the way to take her back home we stopped and bought her a chicken sandwich and strawberry malt from Jack-n-the-box and that just made her day. It was wonderful.

My second great part of the day was actually getting to go out. I only know a few people, so I'm stuck at home by myself for most of the time. It turns out that I have some friends from Wisconsin who are friends with this band called "#1 Fan" who are also from Wisconsin and just so happened to be playing in Austin last night. Well because I know these people I got put on "the list" to get into the show. Which by the way was EXCELLENT, I love listening to new music, and nothing beats seeing it live. Anyways, I have one friend in the area and she also happens to be friends with the same people from Wisconsin. Perfect. I thought we could go together, but it didn't work out. I didn't want to go by myself, so I called one of my best friends roommates. Who I happened to go to Catholic School with from 2nd-4th grade. Well, she came with me and it was awesome. It was great to hang out with this old friend and catch up on so much. We talked about old friends we had, new friends we have, and all kinds of stuff. It is just awesome to be "re-friends" with someone. Plus, now I have someone else to hang out with. Yea!!

So, All-in-All it was just a great day. I hope everyone else is having a super day!

"We were Gonna be different, Now where did those Dreamers go" -Sister Hazel

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Awesome! I'm jealous you got to go to the concert. I bought their CD, though, and I'm totally into them. Glad you had fun. . .let's hang out soon.