Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Brighter than Sunshine

I like opening up my Rolling Stones Magazine and reading about people from Texas. I just think it's neat. I also like it when I actually like the people.

In college I lived next door to these awesome soccer players. They were great guys. Well, they were I guess, 'Thugs at Heart'. If you know what I mean. Anyways...they were really into this Mike Jones character. I listen to rap, I even did my senior thesis on rap music. But I had never heard of him. Well, they made me one of his cd's and it's great. It's all free-style, chopped and screwed. Good stuff. But it was one of those things that if you weren't from Houston, you most likely had never heard of him. Well, of course now he's all over the radio. But I just like thinking back a couple years when it was all new to me. Good times.

"Hittin the block with rocks in socks let down my top
when the sun is hot
ice drippin from grilling watts
some complain cause Mike is hot"
-Mike Jones

I watched "Alot like Love" last night. Now that was a great movie. I had never seen it. It was super good. I really enjoyed. I'll recommend that to you all.

"What a feeling in my soul
Love burns brighter than sunshine
Brighter than sunshine
Let the rain fall, i don't care
I'm yours and suddenly you're mine
Suddenly you're mine A
nd it's brighter than sunshine"
-Aqualung

No comments: