Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Little Things

Have you ever noticed how little things just trigger your memory? Sometimes that's a good thing and sometimes that's a bad thing.
The song "It's Been A While" always reminds me of Justin because he would constantly sing that when we worked at camp together.
Margarita's make me think of Courtney.
The smell of cloves reminds me of the summer of 2002.
Napolean Dynamite makes me think of just about all my high school youth.
The list could go to.
Well I was walking down my short hallway in my apartment this weekend and I noticed that my High School Graduation picture was hanging upside down. Yes, I had noticed it earlier but I just never did anything about it. Well, Matt did that while he was down and I just thought it was cute to keep it like that. Why did I keep it like that? Because I'm a girl. I hate these little triggers that just bring thoughts flooding back into my head...get them out!!

"The Little things, little things
They always hang around
The Little things, little things
They try to break me down
The Little things, little things
They just won't go away
The Little things, little things
Made me who I am today"
-GC

I also don't understand what goes on in people's minds when they say..."I'll call you later" or "We'll talk soon". Just say: "I'm NOT going to call you, so don't sit around waiting for the phone to ring". Yea, it's harsh, but I'd rather hear that than wonder when the next time a phone call is going to come. I've actually had a friend tell me that once...goodness was there a ton of questions going through my mind. But you know, as much as it hurt, I wasn't waiting around like an idiot for something to happen. I still sit around thinking...maybe he'll call today. Damn, Becky. Get over it.

On another note. I sure did get a lot of compliments on Sunday about how good I looked. I don't want to brag, but I can clean up nicely when I want to.
I got my first pedicure yesterday too. It was a treat from my future mother-in-law for my birthday. It was a nice little day. I was extremely impresed with it. Usually, I don't like anything near my feet, but I was so glad that I did that. Good Day.

2 comments:

Richard said...

I just commented on Lauren's blog about memories. However, it wasn't quite like this. I can relate about the little things. I love little things. Like your lyrics say, it is the little things that makes us who we are. The fact that I say "Love ya" to just about anyone, is one of the little things that is really and truly me. The fact that I can sleep just about anywhere without much difficulty, is another little thing that means absolutely nothing to those around me, but it makes up a little piece of me.
There's an old song by Boyz II Men that says,
Little things mean a lot
Appreciate what you got
If you give all that you have
It's forever we'll last
Don't sit around and wait for all
The great things in your life (sweetie)
Little things mean
Little things mean
Little things mean a lot."

"I'll call you later." Yeah, that one sucks. Do you remember the girl I mentioned? You know the one that I was forced to end communications with...Yeah that one. Well, when I spoke to her last, that was the line she used. Well, kinda. She said, "let me talk at ya later." Whatever that means. Like she had to ask permission. Like I was stopping her from doing it before. Needless to say, she hasn't tried to "talk at me" since then. It kinda hurts, but I can't say I really expected her to. But it DID cause that sense of false hope, though. So, in a nut shell, I feel your pain. But I know you can get through it. Hope to hear from you soon.
Love ya.

Lauren said...

future mother-in-law. . .you crack me up, girl. ;) and oh my gosh i cracked up laughing at something on here. . .i'm sure you know what it was. LOVE YOU LOTS.